For months now you’ve heard me go on and on about Mike Carey’s zombie novel, The Girl With All the Gifts. It’s one of my favorite books in any genre, and I’ve gotten messages of thanks from a lot of you smart people who took my advice and read it. The main course of today’s podcast, from 30:33 to 1:08:22, is an interview with Mike Carey, who also wrote the screenplay for the upcoming movie adaptation. Mike talks about:
• How the idea for the novel came about.
• What it was like being on set and working on the movie.
• His thoughts on writing from a child’s perspective.
• Director Colm McCarthy’s commitment to hiring a diverse cast for the movie.
• His thoughts on the ending of the book.
• How you can read an additional chapter of the book online.
• A tease about his next book, Fellside, due out next April.
• And much more!
Mike is as well spoken as he is a terrific writer, and I know all you TGWATG fans will dig this. And if you haven’t read the book yet, we tried to keep things spoiler-light in the first several minutes of the interview. In the meantime, here’s our Amazon link: The Girl With All the Gifts
Also in this episode, Karen gives her thoughts on the recent trailers for FTWD and TWD S6, plus news, and your terrific feedback!
Next join me, Melissa, and Duncan about a week before the FTWD premiere, around August 18, for a preview of that series!